Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Ho, Ho, Here We Go!

Alright, so I'm blogging now.  I never realized how hard this is actually going to be to start one of these. It at least sounded like a good idea when I was trying to go to bed last night.  I decided to start doing this because I love to write.  Me, being a Communications major, enjoy talking.  There are some things that I just get so enthusiastic about, and there always seems to be a lot on my heart to say.   With Christmas coming up, I am going to try and post frequently throughout December.  I will also be home for the majority of it and have nothing better to do with my life.  What I hope to accomplish with this blog is to write as if I'm having a conversation with Christ, and for everyone else reading this, I hope to use this as a testimony of my everyday life and how God is working in it.  Some days may be more uplifting than others, but hey, it is not supposed to be a cake walk.

God has been doing some amazing things in my life recently.  A little over three months ago I started a new chapter in my life as I started college.  There have been some days that I have felt so lonely, but other days where I just thank God for blessing me for where I am today.  I'm a girl, and leaving a lot of my heart at home was hard for me as I went to college.  I have always wanted to go away and start a new adventure in my life, but having a boyfriend at home made everything so much worse.  There are a lot of things I have missed out on as I have been in school.  I never got as involved as I wanted to be, and I distanced myself from guys here.  It was always nice to come home when I could and see my friends again....or uh....my boyfriend again, but coming back to school became so dreadful for me.  I would have to say goodbye to my boyfriend, and start a whole new cycle of getting back into the swing of things at school.  It seemed like I was spending more time planning when I would come home next instead of reaching out to others.

So now you're wondering, "how is any of that amazing?"  Well, it has definitely taught me a lesson, and it has had me reach so low to where I can only go to God.  It was as if God was shouting from heaven saying, "Hello! Are you forgetting about me?? I put you at this school for a reason."  You would think that going to a Christian school would help you have a constant good relationship with Christ, but in reality, it is so easy to just go  through the motions.  I missed that feeling of just being so at peace with what God was doing in my life.  There have been so many traumatic things that have happened through the years that have brought me so much closer to God.  When I first went to school, and as I was in school, I realized that I was not the same person I used to be.  I missed that glow of God just radiating off of me every time I smiled.  Sure, outside appearances would make you think I was my normal "happy-go-lucky" self, but inside I was broken and depressed.  God brought me through it though, and it has been so exciting developing a relationship with Him again.

I am so excited for what new things God has in store for me.  As I blog more, I hope to get closer to Him and speak with whatever is on my heart.  This will be an interesting experience, but I'm willing to give it a shot ;)


He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. -Psalm 147:3

2 comments: