Thursday, December 1, 2011

I'm Waiting

Ok, so I am a typical woman.  Imagination and fairy tale make up women's lives and create a whole new idea of what life and love should be.  Oh, come on, any girl can admit that they would love to be the lady with the glass slipper, or be the girl who gets swept up on a magic carpet ride.  How I cannot wait for the day my Prince Charming comes to sweep me off my feet...

God has been moving me in a new direction in my life.  With this being said, the thought of a man in my life has just...stressed me out.  God has been putting it on me that my main focus in life should be on building my relationship with Him.  You see, how am I supposed to someday build a successful Godly marriage/relationship if my heart is not where it is supposed to be?

I'm in college now, and I feel like the pressure to find "the one" is all over.  As they say here at school, "ring by spring!" Whoa....hold on.  That is a little scary comment for a 19 year old college freshman to hear.  I mean, my future man could be right here on campus.  Am I really that old to start thinking about finding a man for marriage?! I guess in biblical times it would be expected to be married at this age, but it's a little scary to think about.  You see, I'm young. I want to enjoy building friendships in school.  More importantly, I want to build my relationship with Christ.  As they say, "A woman's heart must be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him to find her."  That is so cool.  The coolest thing is that God knows when I will be ready to find a man.  He has it all set out for the perfect man to find me and snatch me off my feet.

While I'm waiting, I can just thank God for where I am today.  Thank him for the good things he has in store.  Thank him for loving me no matter what.  We have a great God, don't we?  Right now, there may be a man I have not met that is wondering what it would be like to meet me.  I think the same for him.  Maybe I have already met my future husband.... No matter what, I am going to make it a goal to constantly pray for him.  Pray for whatever is going on in his life.  I may not know what he is facing today, but with my prayer I can help him become a Man-of-Christ and the husband that God has in store for me.

Break ups are hard.  It stinks when a relationship does not go the way you had it planned.  The thing is, is that God has something better in store.  How exciting is it that God has it all planned out?  All we have to do is have faith and patiently wait.

Now for the girls out there (and boys too I guess), make a list of characteristics you want in your future partner.  Stick with your list of quality traits, and don't ever push them aside when considering to date someone.  God will provide you with the best person in store.

This has been an interesting few weeks coming to this conclusion, but I am more excited to trust God and his plans for my life.  Right now I need to focus on growing to be the Woman-of-Christ that my future husband is looking for.  I'm open to whenever God puts a man in my life,  but until then I will wait.  I could not be so confident without God by my side.  My love story is being written by the ultimate author :)



I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve you
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

-"While I'm Waiting" By: John Waller

3 comments:

  1. You rock!! I'm really not a stalker...just love reading your blog. You are so insightful well beyond your years. Keep it up. We serve an awesome God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooooo!!!! I keep my 'Lady in Waiting' list in my wallet and carry it with me daily!

    ReplyDelete