Friday, December 2, 2011

I Like Who I Am Becoming

So I know this is only my third post, but I am realizing that I really love this blogging.  It has helped me to be more real and honest with myself, and with God.  Thank you to everyone who has been reading so far.  I hope you have enjoyed reading this.

Ok...so it is only December 2nd, but Christmas is right around the corner.  Pretty soon I will have to head back home for a few weeks.  Actually, I may be the only one who is not looking forward to coming home so quickly.  I love being at school.  Yes, I love my family too, but my family is also right here in the dorm hall.  I feel like when I am distant from the distractions at home, I find my chance to get closer to God.  I guess I must realize that God is giving me a chance to grow and serve him back at home too.

Don't get me wrong, I do love being home for the holidays.  Christmas truly is the most wonderful time of the year.  God has been really changing me these last few weeks.  Romans 12:1 speaks about being a living sacrifice to God.  How awesome is it to demonstrate your love and devotion to God by living it out each day?  I hope to go home and show my upmost love and compassion for others, for that is how I can truly serve the Lord.  This should really be something that I start now.  Something I can do as soon as I walk out of my dorm room.

I have definitely found that there is a large difference between being happy, and being joyous. Oh, joyous.  I just love that word!

There are so many earthly things or people that make me happy, but at the end of the day, I am not complete.  The happiness will only go so far.  I crave more, but cannot get it so easily.  With having joy, it is not only an emotion...but rather a lifestyle or attitude.  When I go to God, I experience a whole new level of happiness...joy. It's almost as if it is an attitude or choice by the heart.  The desire of wanting ME to feel good changes to the desire of wanting to glorify God...and in that....I feel good.  I get an inner peace that shows deep inside and outside of me.

I now crave reading my Bible.  I crave worshipping my God.  I crave discussing my love for Christ with others.  I crave showing my love for Christ with others.  I crave God.  Only He can give me my whole satisfaction.

I'm a young woman.  I still have a lot in store for me.  God is growing with me more and more each day.  I'm becoming a whole new me...and I like it.


"Living Rain" -Parachute Band

We Your people come
In desperate need to You we run
Called by Your great name
With humble hearts we seek Your ways

We believe in faith
Your promises will never break
Turn from wicked ways
To live as Christ for all our days

Oh God high up in heaven
Won't You heal our land

Living rain, fall again
Over my life over my land
Living rain wash my heart again

Open wide, heaven skies
Over my street oh Spirit reside
Living rain flood my life again

Come back, back to your first love
Back to your first love
Back to the Cross

Come back, back to your first love
Back to your first love
At the foot of the Cross 

No comments:

Post a Comment