Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Set-Apart Princesses Part 3

Ahh...the final part.  This ended up being a lot longer than I had originally thought it would be.  Oh well...here it goes!

Through personal experience, I know that it is very easy to make a boy you like an idol.  I've experienced times where my only thoughts have been on a boy, and completely took my thoughts away from Christ.  If you take a hold of the problem at the beginning, you are more likely to not let it have an unhealthy hold on you.  It is not a bad thing to...well...admire God's wonderful male creations, but if it is taking a hold of your life, you need to go to God.  First go to Him in prayer.  Bring up your struggles and tell God that you want Him to be the center of your life.

If you are interested in a guy, I would not act too differently when around him.  Just be yourself.  If God wants a relationship to occur, He will make it.  Psalm 37:4 says "Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart."

Ok, I feel like I am skipping around, but there are a few things I want to mention before I finish this.

Purity.

Giving your body to another man is against God's wishes.  You can argue what "sex" refers to, but it is all something that should be done within a marriage.  Your body is considered holy.

If you have already given part of yourself to someone, don't go on saying, "well, I've already lost my virginity, might as well keep doing it."  God offers forgiveness.  I will be the first to tell you that.  You may have lost your innocence, but with God, you can gain your purity.  Right now is a great time to start new.

When you do things with your boyfriend now, you are doing things with someone who is not your husband.

In a book I just finished reading, the author, Leslie Ludy talks about her relationship with her husband before they were married.  They never asked the question "how far is too far?"  Instead, they asked "how far can we possibly go to honor Him in this area of our lives?"  How cool is that?!  I think when you make a relationship centered around God, and when the time comes for marriage, God will bless you for your faith and patience.  I can only hope that I can experience that someday.

Hey, and when you save things for your future husband for marriage, think how exciting it will be for the both of you.  It will enter a whole new world of surprises and discoveries.  It will show your true love to one another if you wait.

Yes, I can easily say this now on how easy it is to remain sexually pure, but in reality, it is very hard.  When the opportunity arises, certain ideas pop into your mind on how harmless it is.  If you are in a situation like this right now, it may be a good time to take a step back from the relationship and set your heart on God.

God really is the true author of love.  He is writing our fairytale.  We are the princesses and our princes are out there....somewhere...and if we remain in Christ, he will give us the best  that we could ever imagine.

I've received A LOT of comments on how I am very mature for writing something like this.  Trust me, I need to read this just as much as you do.  This is just something that has been on my heart for quite sometime.  I appreciate it that many have enjoyed reading this.  If you need a recommendation on a good book about topics like this, feel free to message me.

Now men out there reading this....I would appreciate your comments on some of these issues.  It would be great to hear from a guy's perspective.  If I receive a few comments from some guys, I may post them in a blog.  Thank you all!


Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.  -Psalm 51:10

1 comment:

  1. Very beautifully and truthfully done, Ashley! I am very proud of you and pray you continue to be blessed big time by God. Laura Anderson

    ReplyDelete