Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Open Hands

Break time for me! Spring break...that is...and...I am stuck at home.

Yeah, that's right.  No, I am not in Florida or in some third-world country on a missions trip...I am home.  Ok, stop pitying me.  There is nothing to pity about.  I have actually gotten a lot done while I have been home.  It is also a great time to just hang out with my family.

So I may not have a cool story to come back to school to share, but I do feel that God wanted me home for a reason.  I am not sure what that reason is yet, but it is only Tuesday.  There may be people making a difference elsewhere, but God may have an opportunity for me to make a difference at home.  Maybe God is giving me this opportunity at home to get connected with others here...Maybe God needed me to take care of my mom while she has been sick the last few days....

Whatever the case may be...I am here...home, and I have come to God with open hands.  This weekend has already been about discipling myself so far.  From cooking any opportunity I can...to doing my best to not fight with my sister...to reading so many chapters a day in my book for one of my classes...to eating a healthier diet...to doing things out of my comfort zone...to running that extra mile on the treadmill...I can honestly say it has been a lot harder than it sounds.

This act of discipline is helping me to discipline myself for what God has planned for me.  I feel that as Christians, we feel good in our comfort zone. (Makes sense, right?)

Disciplining yourself takes you out of your comfort zone, and admitting that you have so much more potential.  If you do not discipline yourself every now and then, I feel that you are not having faith in what God can give you power to do.

God can give you the strength to do so much more than you can imagine.

I may feel that I have had a boring experience at home so far, but I have also realized that I have grown so much through disciplining myself.  I still have another five days to make a difference here.  I am reaching out with open hands for what God has planned for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment