Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Be Mine

Well...Valentine's Day.

Yep. Valentine's Day.

It's today...Valentine's Day.

Did you forget?  Oh come on...everyone at Olivet has been talking about it.  You see, if you were not aware, I attend a college where the motto "ring by spring" is often used.  For the people reading this that have no clue what that means, well...it is pretty much a big hype about getting married to your boyfriend/girlfriend in college.  Okay, so it may feel like there is a lot of pressure to find your future spouse on campus because it feels like everyone finds "the one" here.

I am a freshman in college.  That idea just...stresses me out.

You see, for once in my life I have given it to God...you know, the relationship thing.  I am sick of not listening to God and doing what I want just to get my heart broken.  Well, to tell you the truth...listening to God about this has actually been the most amazing thing ever. (Weird, I know.)

I want my next relationship to be God-centered.  I want to be pleasing God.  God has shown me what kind of wife I need to become, and how there are actually amazing men out there.  I trust God that he will write my love story and provide a time for cupid to strike me (and a man) at the perfect time in my life.

So yes....Valentine's Day.  For the first time ever I can actually say I have plans for today with someone.  It is exciting, it really is, but Valentine's Day has also shown me that showing your love and affection towards people should not be on a set holiday.  No, you should show your love to everyone...every day!  Crazy, I know.

Well, there is someone that shows their love for me every day.  I may fail him daily, but his love surpasses everything.  The author of love challenges me to show his love to others through me...daily.

So for all you love birds out there, (or the singles...) God shows his love to us every day.  Praise the Lord for he is awesome!

Do not feel lonely today.  The creator of love is fully open for you to receive his ultimate prize.  He says, "be mine."

Have a great day everyone :)

1 comment: