Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Companions on a Journey

Wow, what a weekend.  God truly is doing awesome things back home.  Who am I kidding?  God is doing awesome things everywhere!

Well, this past weekend I had the opportunity to go back home and help with a retreat.  It made me realize how blessed I really am to have a group of friends to grow with on my walk. God wants us to gain fellowship with other Christians.

Going to a Christian university may give me a higher chance of having those Christian friends, (trust me, I know...especially after going through all of my other schooling without any other real Christian friends at school) but I have found that God has placed certain believers in my life to help encourage me on my walk, and for me to also encourage them as well.

This semester has been so cool growing in my own faith, but also openly talking about my faith with others.  Theology and scripture has really excited me within the last few months, and I could talk about it for hours.  Having other believers in my life to help go deeper into the word has been so beneficial.

One thing is for sure, I am blessed to have a team of prayer warriors by my side when I need the prayer and accountability.  It is nice to know that I am not always alone in this fight.

You may feel like you do not have that many real Christian friends in your life, and I do know where you are coming from.  I have spent the last eighteen years with very few Christian friends, and the few I had were not even found at my school.  It makes me wonder as I type this...I complain that I had no Christian friends in high school, but was I really doing a good part in being an example to my peers?

Well, if anything...I now want to be an example to others...not just to unbelievers, but to everyone.  I can name so many people who set an example and help encourage me, and I know I should be doing the same to others.

Love...Compassion...Respect...Honesty...High Fives...Look around you and you will find God's children.

These are your companions on your journey.

...cheesy ending, I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment