Saturday, January 14, 2012

No Need For a Goat For This Sacrifice...

Happy weekend one and all!  This is your blogger...blogging.  Confession time...I am human.  I find myself doing things that any transgressor against God would do.  Am I proud of that?  No.  Am I honest? Well, yes.

So I have always been open to saying that my favorite chapter in the Bible is Romans 12.  

Romans 12:1 says: Therefore, I urge you brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship.

Lately, I have found myself being a hypocrite to that verse.  Have I been truly allowing to live my whole life for Christ?  I am surprised I have not even done a blog on this chapter/verse yet.

You see, I do not want to have the "holier than thou" lifestyle.  Trust me, I am not holier than...thou...I need to be honest with myself.

Humility.  Such a hard thing for me to grasp.  

If I am able to accept that I am not giving it all to Christ, I can strive to at least make that my goal now...or my life.

Being a living sacrifice...What does it truly mean to be a living sacrifice? To me, it is not just about throwing out a good Christian Facebook status everyday...it's about spending my whole day living out for God.  That could be hard, but I know it will not hurt me if I try.

So...for the next week I plan on living by what I say.  I want to be my favorite verse in the Bible.  This is my weekly goal, which will hopefully turn out to be my goal for life.  

No need to find a goat for this sacrifice...I'm all yours, God :)

No comments:

Post a Comment