Monday, January 2, 2012

Planes, Trains, and...Wait, This Blog Isn't Even About Those...

A new year! I made it! Sweet! You have no idea how happy I am...

This is a fresh start for me.  I can move on to bigger and brighter things!  I can even start a new semester of college so motivated...well, for now...

You see, before I had felt like I was letting the things in my life ruin me.  I tried to move on from things, but it all kept coming back.  Why me?!  Wasn't this all supposed to end in a happy ending??  Now that I think about it, I was letting things get the best of me because I was judging by the plan I had figured out for my life.  Everything that I let hurt me was because I did not have it planned in my life for that to ever happen.

Looking back, I now see that God's plan was a little different.  When I was facing struggles, I was also growing so much with Christ...and I feel that that may truly be the my happy ending in disguise.  Ok, so not a happy ending, but a happy genesis to a new point in my life.  Genesis.  Man, I feel so cool that I used that word...

I was actually reading in Genesis this morning.  Ahh, the creation story...such an...old story...?  Haha.  You see, God placed every single star, every single tree, and every single animal in their place because God had a specific purpose for each of them.  Maybe that's what God has done for me.  He has placed every single person, situation, and place in my life to impact me in one way or another.  Does that make you feel special?  Even if you barely speak to me and only check out my blogs every now and then because I happen to post in on Facebook, you have impacted my life in one way or another.

So this year I want to make an impact.  The world may not end this year...it could, but we don't know...and people across the globe may be doing crazy things this year.  I find this to be the best opportunity to be a witness and share your faith to others.  Can ya dig it?

God created the world and saw that it was good.  I encourage you to find the good in every situation.  It may not be your plan, but it surely is God's :)

No comments:

Post a Comment