Tuesday, June 19, 2012

DTR Talk

Ahh...that feeling of being off work at night and just relaxing.  Today is definitely a day where I enjoy the relaxing!

What is even nicer is that moment when you can just stop with life and connect with God.  That is what I just got done doing.  It is nice to just reflect on my day, and listen to what Christ has to say to me.

Something that He put on my heart tonight is how I am truly growing up.  With that being said, my relationship with Christ is no longer my parents, but my own.  I am not saying that it was ever fully my parents.  I am reluctant to have grown up in a Christian home, but as I am an adult and a sophomore in college, I need to step up and take responsibility for this relationship.  

I take my relationship with other relationships seriously, but how often do I stop and realize how I am doing with my relationship with God?  Am I truly doing my full part?  God wants us to yearn for Him.  Spending time with God is probably the most important part of my day, even when I barely acknowledge it as that.

As I am preparing my way into my second year of college, I am also maturing myself to be a representative of Christ.  Ok, I may attend a Christian university, but I feel that everyone needs a reminder of Christ's love, and the lifestyle He wants us to live by.

I was reading in Matthew chapter five, and it was talking about being salt and light to the world.  I want people to look at me and notice something different about me.  I want them to see a new me...I want Christ to shine through me and be apparent to all!  

God is so great!  He accepts us and loves us even when we do not put as much into our relationship with Him as much as we could.  This summer has allowed me to notice Christ in a different perspective in my life.  He is not just loving and forgiving, but He is also who I want to strive to be like.  

Earthly distractions are so easy to get into the way of me acknowledging God all of the time.  Do I want to admit that and keep letting those distractions take over?  No way!  So God, I am giving my distractions to you.  You are who I want to live for!  

To God alone be the Glory!


No comments:

Post a Comment