Monday, June 11, 2012

Patience is Virtue (And Totally Worth It!)

4 days.  4 days. 4 days till I finally get to see my boyfriend.

I sound like typical teenage girl, but hey...it will have been 6 1/2 weeks since I have seen him.  I should feel excited to see him.

Looking back at the year, I really do not think I could have been able to handle the distance between him and I without God right by my side.  Through previous relationships, I have found myself making the other person an idol and I have been praying to God even before our relationship that I would not cling to him like with my last boyfriend.

Being honest, God set up our whole relationship.  Long (and rather quite funny) story about God placing him in my life, (you can ask me another time for the whole story...) but there has been something special about my boyfriend ever since he was put in my life. I cannot pin-point what it is about him, but it is as if God has marked Him as special.  No, not that kind of special...special for me.  I think with that I have found appreciation in him than I never thought I would.

Anyway...with God's reliance this past semester of school, I was able to rely on God and not get super emotionally attached as we part ways.

It was hard to say goodbye the day I moved out of my dorm...I am not going to lie...I fought back some tears and (miraculously) did not cry, but God was right by my side.  He still is by my side.  When I came home I had gained acceptance that I would not be seeing him for awhile, but gained patience that the waiting will be totally worth it.

So now the time is approaching.  I can finally say hello to my boyfriend...in person!

I still feel like I sound like a typical teenage girl, but what excites me the most is being able to glorify God in our relationship when we are together.  Being away from each other has allowed us to work on ourselves, and being together will help us build maturity as we strive for a relationship to glorify Him.

This weekend will be an amazing experience; I will take in every moment of it!  Having to rely on God and become patient in this circumstance has made me realize the reward in all of this.

Like I have said in other posts, this is an awkward and different summer, but God has shown me more ways to rely on Him than I have ever imagined.

As much as I want to say a prayer right now to just fast forward to Friday, I will remain patient and faithful to God that those days will come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment