Monday, June 4, 2012

Great Friends, Even Greater God

Yay God.

I have no other words to explain how excited I am to have an awesome Savior like He.  Last night was a well needed night.  Last night was a God night.

Yesterday started off just like any other day.  I got up...went to work...yada, yada, yada.  Actually, I was rather disappointed I had to miss church, but I knew I had my bible study to look forward to later that evening.

After work I booked it over.  Bible study was great...although I was a little distracted from just getting off work and having not eaten since 9:30 that morning...

Just being in a room with others who love to praise and serve the Lord was great.  I felt welcomed and loved.  What was even better was what happened later that night!

I planned to hang out with my best friend and catch up, but had the opportunity to also hang out with another friend who I planned to rekindle a friendship with.  I am so amazed at what God had been doing between the three of us.  He somehow called us all together to pray, encourage, and love one another.  This is exactly what I have been hoping and praying for as I have been home this summer!

Having accountability partners is very important when you are going through your walk with Christ.  It is that moment when you think you can take care of yourself when you end up messing up.  God puts people in our lives as a physical voice to help keep you on the right path.  I feel so blessed to have these girls.  I may have not gotten home till 12:30 this morning and had an 8 am class earlier, but I consider it totally worth it.

My outlook on summer has done a complete 180.  God rules.  There is no doubt about it.

I encourage anyone who is reading this to have an accountability partner.  They are very beneficial to you as you are growing.

...They may also be crazy fun and watch movies on a projector outside with you...

I made that a lot more specific than it needed to be...haha.

Anywho...Praise the Lord.

“Yours, LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.” -1 Chronicles 29:11



No comments:

Post a Comment