Saturday, June 2, 2012

Savior to the Rescue!

Negativity...out the door.

Bye.  See ya.

Today is a new day and I am rather fond of beginning it on a great note.  God is big....He is awesome...He is also there...all of the time.

Last night I was facing some spiritual warfare.  The devil was attacking me, and I was letting him.  He was attempting to tell me that I am worth nothing, I am ugly, I have no friends, and I am not good at anything.  For someone who thought they were pretty strong and secure, I took it pretty hard.

Being honest, I felt distant from God.  I was letting the devil just eat at me, and tell me things that I know are not true.

I could not stay happy for the life of me.  There was this weird feeling where I just felt alone.

As for how sad I was, I felt more scared than anything.  You see, the devil tries to reach people who are drawing closer to God.  I noticed that I felt distant from God last night because I know what it is like to be close to Him.  This was my opportunity to resist the devil, and I did!

Even though that God may not be on earth to show that I am not alone, He does put people in my life for that reminder.  Last night God thankfully put someone in my life to remind me of God's awesome power and love.

I knew what I needed to do..."Devil, I do not believe you.  I do not like you, nor do I ever want to be like you.  God is bigger than you.  You lose."

Man, that felt so good to just say it out loud.

Today is a new day.  I no longer believe those negative thoughts.  If God created me for who I am, than I must be pretty special.

You are special too! Do not let the devil try and tell you that God is not around and you are mere nothing.

Again, I am posting this verse again as I reminder not only to myself, but to you who often face those negative thoughts:

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." -Philippians 4:8




1 comment:

  1. Love that song. I read your blog a lot, so I figure I may as well follow it:) Praying for you. And the devil don't got nothing God or on you, Ashley. He's a butt. That's why Jesus says "Get behind me Satan" ;) I'm glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete