Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Study Break

Whoa.  Figure It Out is back on Nickelodeon again?!

Sorry.  I just now acknowledged that as I am typing this.  It is rather distracting.  I used to love that show!

These days are becoming rather routinely...and boring.  I am starting to realize what my priorities should be right now.  My Biology prof just announced that our first test is on Monday.  With that being said...I am really nervous.  I hate Biology enough, and to make the test the next morning after I come back from my mini vacation to visit my boyfriend is rather...frustrating.

I feel that God is giving me a reminder that although it is summer, I am still in class and my studies should be at the top of my priorities right now.  I do want to be able to talk to my boyfriend every night, but I am realizing that I should be studying first.  My weekend is going to be terrible if I am freaking out about this test the whole time, or blowing the studying off until I fly back.

As anxious as I may feel about leaving this weekend, I do have things to do at home first...studying deoxyribonucleic acid is one of them.  Why yes, that is the cool long way to say DNA...and why yes, I totally did look up the spelling in my notes just so I could sound cool in this blog post.  Shows how much I actually enjoy Biology...

It may stink that I have to be studying for this class that I absolutely hate, but it is helping me to not get so emotionally attached to my boyfriend.  School comes way before him, and this class is definitely reminding me.

He understands...I appreciate that.  When we are both back at school it will be the same thing all over again...except he will be the more busy one with his studies...me the communications major and him...the engineering major.

Well...I am studied up for the night.  I am ready for class tomorrow morning and ready to study away for another hour or so tomorrow...and the next day...and the...you get the picture.

Thank you God for even giving me this opportunity to take a class this summer and get it over with.  I want to take my studies seriously and continue on my journey to a career You have set out for me.  Please give me the patience even when I find it so difficult.  I know I can do all things through You who gives me strength.  I may need to be reminded that a few times, but I know you will always be there to encourage me.

It is songs like these that God offers me a reminder of getting through the days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment