Thursday, June 21, 2012

Faith Without Deeds? Yep, Dead.

"As the body without the Spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead." -James 2:26

Going through the book of James has really opened my eyes to what it means to be a Christian.

It is so easy to think that faith is all about what you believe.  Sure, it is so easy to be scholarly informed about the Bible's teachings, but to live it out is such a bigger concept.

Deeds do not get us into heaven, but they show that our commitment to God is a real thing.  Doing good works should not be a form of substituting for salvation, but to authenticate your faith.

This is something that has been hitting me.  It is something that I will be working on this next week.  My faith should show throughout my lifestyle.  Having faith should naturally want me to change my life to be Christ-centered.

Another thing that I need to work on is my overall relationship with Christ.  Lately other things have been large distractions from my relationship with Christ.  I want to make Him (and keep Him) the center of my life.

I do not know...this is what has been stirring up in my mind...

Till tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment