Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hitting the Gas with my Garmin, and God

These days are flying by! How is tomorrow already the 10th of June?!  This summer is starting to pick up so fast!

Well...back to the question...what has God been doing in my life?

Last night my family spent the night in a hotel along the Mississippi.  My family plans to go to a family reunion tomorrow in Iowa, and my dad's spontaneious self wanted to make a trip of it, so he decided to spend a night in a hotel.  I was not planning to go with them to Iowa because I had work today, but was wanting to at least spend the night with them in the hotel.  So...I drove separately knowing I would leave this morning to go right to work.  This may sound weird, (especially coming from a girl) but I love driving.

I find that driving by myself is my alone time to relax, think, and listen.  Relaxing is nice because it gives me time to be alone and take in what my day brings.  I am given the opportunity to spend time thinking about...well..only girls would understand this, but just think about whatever.  Apparently guys have the ability to have moments during the day where they just are not thinking about anything.  I have not idea how that is possible.  Girls think too much...no actually, I like thinking.  I am going to continue thinking.  Rambling is ending...now.

Out of my time driving by myself, I enjoy listening the most.  That is my time to listen to what God is telling me, and find wisdom.  I am not going to lie, getting up for my 8 am class is annoying, but I am sure loving the drive.  It allows me to wake up and prepare myself for the day.  Blasting Air-1 on the radio, and my voice belting out every song lyric makes me realize what great of a God He really is.

The Biology class I am taking may not be super thrilling, but waking up knowing I get to drive 15 min. to class and spend that time with God is fabulous.  Yes, I said it...fabulous.

You may have a special time or place where you find it is a great opportunity to connect with God.  Mine...is on the road.

It is also nice that I do not have to text and drive while talking to God ;)

That was cheezy.  I apologize. 

Nope, I do not apologize. 

Have a great weekend, everyone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment