Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Just a Small Town Girl

Just a small town girl...living in an impatient world.

I live in the middle of (almost) nowhere, Illinois.  You would think my patience would be better than the busy city-folk.  Tractors going 20 mph on the highway...living in (what seems to be) the small town holy city of trains...why am I still impatient?

It all started this morning while I could not wait to get out of Biology class.  For some reason I felt as if I was going to flip out on the prof is he was going to let us out a minute or two late.  It is not like I had anything to do after that.  I had over an hour to hang out at my dad's office before I went to work anyways...

Well I went to work and...the computers/registers had crashed.  We were not even able to clock in.  While hoping I was able to leave, we cleaned (without being clocked in or open) until the computers were finally working.  Once we were able to get the computers working and open the store, the computers were running EXTREMELY slow the whole day.  Freezing computers did not make me happy working drive thru.

Then...then I was able to leave a few hours later because they did not need everyone working.  It was such a relief knowing that I could go home and pack or study.  On my way home...I got back into my angry/impatient self when I got stuck behind a line of cars with a pick-up driving 45 on the highway.

I do not need to mention how the rest of my day I struggled with impatience.  It is unnecessary.  I need to realize that I should be living by the Spirit, and one characteristic of the Spirit is patience.

Stress is not helping, but I should not use that as an excuse for my behavior.

The week is almost over, but a new day/challenge awaits for me in the morning :)


No comments:

Post a Comment