Wednesday, December 14, 2011

1st Semester of College....Check.

Whew. By noon today I can officially say that I have completed my first semester of college.  I can't believe it is already over.  It seems like just yesterday that I was moving in.

Finishing up this semester really makes me want to thank God for where He has placed me and how he knew all along that I would end up here.

It was in 7th grade when I first heard about Olivet Nazarene University.  My English teacher had a friend (who just so happened to go to my church) that was attending Olivet.  I loved the name of the school...it sounded so...prestigious.  Ok, I was a 7th grader...I had awhile before I went off to college. I really did not want to think about what school I wanted to go to.

Two years later the name "Olivet" came back into my life when I found out my cousin and another girl from my church were accepted there.  It sounded like a cool school, but yet again...I did not want to think about college.

Another two years into high school and I was starting my junior year.  My friend invited me to go stay at Olivet with her sister who was attending there at the time.  Of course I wanted to go.  College was coming up closer than I thought and I really hadn't started looking anywhere.

Well...I arrived on campus with my friend and fell in love.  It was beautiful.  It was a home away from home.  It was me.  It was college.

Later that spring I decided to take an official visit to the school.  I never really had an idea of what I wanted to major in.  After researching their possible majors, I noticed a major called "Corporate Communication."  It sounded cool, so I decided to find out more about it on my visit.  Turns out, I loved that major.  It was going to be perfect for me.  Now all I had to do is apply!

Well...two years later and I am where I am today...Corporate Comm major and all.  You see, people ask me what I plan to do with my major.  Well, there are so many avenues I could go down with my major.  I have no clue what I want to do yet, BUT I do know that God provided this major because he knew it was perfect for me.  I am the perfect type of person for this major.

I have no idea what is in store for me in the future.  I do know that God will provide.  Look where I have gotten.  He has blessed me, and I believe He will continue to bless me if I follow in His footsteps with true faith.

Today I encourage you to thank God for where He has put you in your life.  You may be experiencing a rough part of your life, but it may only be a blessing in disguise.

For the rest of the college students out there still dealing with finals, I encourage you to not stress.  You are so blessed to be where you are.  Have an amazing day everyone...I'm heading home!

No comments:

Post a Comment