Thursday, December 29, 2011

I'll Stand For You

So you may find that I have definitely not hid my faith as I write these blogs.  I try and be as honest as possible about my walk with Christ.  I may be so open and true about my walk with Christ on here, but am I really like this in person?  Can people automatically see Christ shining in me or do they just see a very nice/friendly person?

It is very easy to just write about this on here.  I mean, no one can see me, and I feel like I am not judged...but when an opportunity arises for me to witness to someone in person that I feel uncomfortable with, I back off.  Well...I can tell you that I am not the only one I guess who feels this way.

I attend a Christian university, so generally almost everyone has a relationship with Christ.  When I go back into the real world, I get uncomfortable when not everyone believes what I do.

Most Christians struggle with this issue.  God tells us to witness to the world and stand up for Him, but we freak out that we are being judged.  What I have learned through past experiences is that I may be worried that someone judged me for who I am, but I do know that they gained a new respect for me.  They respected that I was willing to stand up for my beliefs.  After knowing this, why do I still struggle with being so open with my faith to others?

So Lord,
I pray that today I can make a stand for you.  I want to be proud of who I am serving.  As I finish off this week, I pray that I can fully be a missionary to others.  You are the reason I am here today.  Use every bit of me to further your kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment