Thursday, December 8, 2011

*Insert Creative Title That I Had Yet to Come Up With*

This next week will be a very busy week for me.  From today until next Friday, I am going to have at least one test every class day.  This weekend I also have a Christmas concert to attend.  Crunch time is in full swing.  It's funny, for some reason writing a daily blog sounds so much more appealing right now than writing last minute papers or studying for final tests....

Now don't get mad at me, Mom! I am making time for my studies as well!

I guess what has been on my mind lately is how apathetic and burned out I am about classes.  They just sound so...not worth my time and too stressful.  Just sayin'...

Hey, and don't go on assuming I am the only one feeling this way.  You could ask just about any other college student winding down their semester, and they would say the same thing.  Sad...I know.  

It makes me wonder, God gave me the amazing opportunity to come to this school...why am I not giving it my full effort as I finish up my first semester?  I mean, God obviously had big plans for me as I moved in that first day.  Shouldn't I be showing my thanks to Him everyday as I attend class and do my work without complaining?  I really am very blessed to be where I am at now.  I love it here....I should show it.  

Alas.  Humility has sunk in.  A little over a week of class left. I can do it.  

To the other worn out college students out there: We can do it.  





"What I Live For" -Luminate

This is the moment, this is the new year
This is my life now, this me waking up
Cause I was sleeping, just barely breathing
Until you found me, until you picked me up
And game me something to believe in
Your love is everything I've ever needed

You're what I live for 
When my hope is shattered
You're what I live for
When everything is closing in on me
You're what I live for

Used to be empty, I was a cynic
Drank in the darkness
This is me giving up all of my history, all of the old me
Because you changed me
Because you filled me up, and gave me something I could call my own
Your love is everything you are my home


You're what I live for
When my hope is shattered
You're what I live for

When everything is closing in on me
You're what I live for



You're what I live for

Yeah, You're what I live for
When everything is closing in on me
Yeah, You're what I live for, yeah


The only thing
The only thing worth living for
Be my everything, oh

No comments:

Post a Comment