Sunday, December 18, 2011

Create In Me a Clean Heart

So I am starting to think that being home from break has been difficult to grow closer to God.  My normal schedule and routine is completely new, and I'm starting to feel more lonely.

I don't know.  It goes in phases.  I guess that happens in a Christian's life.

Blogging really helps me to have a set time during the day to focus on what God is telling me.

This morning I was on a car ride heading back home from having a family Christmas.  It was a great time to just talk to God.

You see, I'm currently facing problems with memories of times I have faced temptation...and let it get the best of me.  I really just need to go to God to clear my thoughts and start new.

My heart with others has been bitter.  People that have hurt me and continue to hurt me seem to be leaving me with hateful thoughts.  I want to forgive them, I really do.  It is just so hard right now.

So anyway....while I was in the car, I decided that it would be a great time to just give it to God.  I asked God, "What can I do today to glorify you?"  When I spend my time honoring the Lord, my heart softens and I really do feel better.

So today I decided that every morning I am going to say a prayer to God asking Him what I can do to serve Him.

I will keep you updated on how my week goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment