Thursday, December 15, 2011

I'm Baaaaack

Well...I'm back home now!  Feels great!  Three and a half weeks of enjoying my winter break before starting up a new semester of school.  What I realized yesterday was that I am a completely different person from what I was three and a half weeks ago when I was last home.  It's a good change because I am back to being me.

Joy has just filled my heart and I love it.  God has been good.

I will be honest, going back home was kind of depressing for me.  I don't have that many close friends back at home, so I'm starting to think I may be a loner for the most of my break.  It makes me wonder if God is making me realize what other things I am forgetting that I could do....for Him.

Yes, I will be working, but what else? What else is God putting on my heart for me to work on while I am back?  Last night I had the amazing opportunity to come back to my church's junior high youth group to help.  Sure the junior high students may be crazy or....emo...BUT I have a heart for each one of them.  I just want to put my heart into them and let them know that they are loved.  Being back at church made me so happy in that I could show God's love in His own house.

Another thing I feel that God is putting on my heart is mending relationships with others who have broken off in the past.  You see, everyone needs love.  Even if I have been hurt by people in the past, I know that they may need my love the most.  Besides, I know I have hurt people in the past and God is giving me a perfect opportunity to make an impact by showing His love to everyone.

I just want to make a difference this Christmas break.  I just want to show my faith in the Lord.

This will be a great winter break.  I'm ready Knox County :)

No comments:

Post a Comment