Monday, December 19, 2011

I'm Trying, God. I Really Am.

So last night was very emotional.  You see, I thought life was going so swell...God was doing amazing things...until...I found out my ex-boyfriend had cheated on me while we were dating. No, he didn't physically cheat on me.  He emotionally cheated on me by liking one of my good friends while we were together.

Ok...enough with that story.  Where I'm getting at is that for some reason I felt so betrayed by them.  I felt so insecure about myself and felt like no one liked me.  God was working behind the scenes and gave me so many people supporting me and showing their love towards me.

I guess it was a blessing in disguise.  I thought my life was completely ruined until God stepped in.  You see, I thought I was growing so well with Christ.  It was almost to the point where I was just comfortable where I was.  The problem was that I had not fully let some things go from my past.  I needed to move on from my ex-boyfriend.  I know I deserve someone so much better and looking back at the past is not going to help me.  So finding this out helped me to just throw my past behind me.

God also showed me that having this little struggle in my life proved that there is so much more room for me to grow in Christ.  It's a continual process. Having a relationship with Christ is not easy.

I have grown so much and have found that I do have many great friends here for me.

I really want to yearn to have an even larger relationship with Christ.  This incident last night may have felt like a set-back, but I have gained so much from it.  God has it figured out.  I just need to let go, and let God.


For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. - 2 Corinthians 4:17


No comments:

Post a Comment