Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Light the Way and I'll Go

This past month has probably been the largest amount of time I have found immense spiritual growth in me.  It is so easy to get on a spiritual "high" right after you come back from a retreat or a camp, but for once in my life, I pushed myself to grow with Christ.  I didn't have anyone throwing amazing sermons or verses at my face to get me on fire for God.  This time it was my own personal commitment.

A little over a month ago I was struggling with major depression issues.  Insomnia was getting the best of me.  I refused to eat because if I did, I would physically get sick from the knots in my stomach...causing me to lose 10 pounds.  My relationship with my boyfriend was a complete mess.  I was losing friends.  I felt like no one wanted to listen to me or didn't have time to listen to me when I just needed someone to talk.

You may be surprised.  I mean, aren't I always so chipper in public?  Inside I was hurting.  I guess I reached a point so low in my life to where the only person I could go to was God.

I knew I needed to completely start new.  I started going to Barnes and Noble once or twice a week buying a book or two.  Reading really helped to get me out of my depression.  I would mainly buy books on rebuilding my relationship with Christ.  Sadly, I was reading a book a day and was running out of money to keep getting books.

Reading my Bible was a thing I have always tried to do everyday.  I decided to change my habitual reading into true worship with God.  I now have a set time and place where I spend my moments reading God's word.

God was really working with me to get me to be radiant in Him again (He still is too!)

One night I was trying to go to sleep when a little thought crossed my mind...

You see...I have always enjoyed writing.  It's so fun putting my thoughts and personality on paper, but blogging?? Nahhh...I could not be a blogger...

I felt like God was putting an opportunity right in front of my face to use my skills to glorify Him.  Now it was kind of a scary thought at first.  I mean, if I write a really good one, then people will be expecting that from all of them....or what if I run out of topics to talk about?

Ye of little faith.

I have realized that God has really been using me.  When I get multiple messages on Facebook or comments at school that people have really been encouraged by my blogs, I really feel good.  I feel like God is helping me to grow in my faith by spending time daily writing a blog about what God is putting on my mind, and I feel like He is helping others to grow from the words He has given me.

This has been an amazing experience going on this journey with Christ.  He has it planned out where to lead me.  I just need to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment