Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Honesty Talk

2012....

I'm ready for ya.

I cannot believe a new year is already here.  Looking back at this year, I notice how much I have grown.  It makes me realize that I have come a long way and have so much more room for growth.

Sometimes I think that people think my life is perfect and I have it so well with God after they read these.  Well...I am definitely not perfect! Everything I write on here is honest and from the bottom of my heart.  These blogs are real stories about what God is putting on my heart each day.  For me, it is a daily commitment to listen to what God is telling me.

It can be so easy to go by my emotions and just complain to God about what is going wrong in my life.  I guess I figured out that there's an even better way.  Listening.

Like I've said many times before, I am still human.  It is so easy to listen to what God is telling me, but to actually follow through is rather difficult.  I don't want to be hypocritical when I write these....I mean, I need to listen to what I write too.

There are also times when I doubt how big God is.  Some days I feel so lonely, and feel like God is not working in my life.  There always seems to be something or someone that reminds me that God cares for me and loves me, and that gives me peace.

God's working in my life.  He truly is.  Being a Christian requires you to be honest with yourself and admit that your relationship with Christ is never perfect.

Take some time today to reflect on your relationship with Christ.  Be honest with yourself, and with God.  Doing this may give you more growth in your spiritual walk.

I'm far from what I once was, but far from what God has in store from me.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. -Psalm 73:26

No comments:

Post a Comment