Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Gotta Have Faith

Faith.

I love that word.  It is so simple, but is still what I base my entire life on.  It makes you face vulnerability, insecurity...and admitting that you are helpless.  You cannot do something on your own, and you are left with no choice than to have faith.  Faith in what you ask?  Well...I guess you can have faith in a lot of things...faith in your alarm clock waking you up in the morning...faith in the driver on the other side of the road not hitting you...faith...in God.

Faith is really everywhere.  I guess I never realized how much I have it in my day-to-day life.

Last night I was reading from the book of Hebrews.  I was reading about people in the Old Testament who put their faith in the Lord, and were rewarded.  After reading that, it makes me wonder...am I putting all of my faith in the Lord.

Yes, I believe in God and I am trying to make it the center of my life, but am I truly believing the full potential I have to serve the Lord?  God gave me gifts, and am I using them to the best of my ability?  I may not be crossing the Red Sea or making the walls of Jericho come tumbling down, but I know I can surely do more than what I am doing now.

I don't get it.  I put my faith in the cafeteria workers at my school that they do not poison my food because they have never poisoned it before, but when God puts something on my heart I get scared even though so much good has come from me listening and following Him before.

I may not see ahead for what God has for me, but I'm learning to accept that and trust God that He will get me there.

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
-Hebrews 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment