Friday, December 16, 2011

Shining in Him

I am different from what I once was.

I feel like a completely new person.

I am made alive in Christ.

Before, it was very easy to go through the motions in my Christian walk.  I could act Christ-like and say Christ-like things, but I was missing something.  My heart in Christ.  

Sure, I had God in my life....but I didn't have Him in my whole life.  

Well don't get me wrong...I took Him to church with me every Sunday....If I ever needed a prayer for something I could always go to Him...I always tried to throw out a "good Christian" Facebook status...Oh! I also tried to pull out the whole "Jesus" thing when someone came to me for advice.  That was good enough, right?

Nope.

That my friends was not a true relationship with Christ.  I wasn't really growing at all.  Isn't a true relationship with someone a constant yearning to want to get to know each other more.  That's what my relationship with Christ was lacking.  

I want to be different now.

I am sick of the old me.

I want people to notice a change in me.

As people see me now, I want them to notice a change.  I may act like my old self, but my heart is in a different place.  I only hope people can notice that.  

God is really moving in my life.  When I smile now, I smile because God has filled my heart.  I constantly want to show God's love to everyone.  

Now that I'm different...

I feel...truly amazing.

I no longer feel fake.

I am shining in Him





No comments:

Post a Comment