Friday, December 9, 2011

My Best Friend

I'll admit it.  Sometimes I feel very alone.  Sometimes I feel like no one understands.  Sometimes I feel like I have no one to talk to.

I know...I'm not the only one who feels this way.  I also know that all of that is not true.  It's just something that I often face.  There really isn't one person in my life right now that I could tell just about anything to...well...so I thought...

There is actually one friend I do have that I so often forget about as being my friend.  Yeah...you know it....that guy.  God.

So you may be saying to yourself, "How can He be a friend?  You can't even see Him?  He has no idea what you are even going through."  Well...actually...He probably understands more than anyone else.

You see, God loved us so much, that He was willing to send down His son, Jesus.  He went through the life of being a human just like everyone else did.  I never really thought about this as much until they mentioned it in chapel yesterday.

Jesus grew up human just like everyone else did. (I really hope that no zombies or aliens are reading this right now...or Edward Cullen.)

I can't say I was around when Jesus was, but he probably dealt with the same things as we did when growing up.  He might've had a zit or two.  He probably had neighbor friends.  He probably cried when he got his first boo-boo.  He was picked on.  I really doubt he had a Facebook though...

Anyways...what I'm getting at is that God understands.  He has experienced the pain.  He has experienced the tears.  He understands...and He loves us.  I feel so at peace with that.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for all you have done for me.  It is so nice that I can go to you whenever.  Please help me to realize this more often.  I know that I do not deserve your love, but you give it anyway.  As I go home a week from today, I pray that I can show others that you are there when we need it the most.  Use me to spread your love.  Everyone needs it.

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment