Wednesday, December 7, 2011

'Tis the Season to be Jolly...Right?

Wow. It has already been one week since I started this.  When I decided to do this, I had no idea that I would have over 450 page views within the first week.  God has really been working in me.  It feels good to know that I am using a gift that God has given me.  This experience has also allowed me to get closer to Him because I now spend a lot of my time listening to what God is telling me throughout the day.  My goal is to have a daily post throughout the month of December.  You would think that the task would be difficult, but I am finding that there are so many things that God teaches me daily.  I also can't wait to look back on these in the future.

So anyway...

As the holidays have been approaching, I have been noticing that a lot of people have been struggling.  Some are facing problems with life, while some are struggling with spiritual warfare.  The devil finds this time of the year to be a great opportunity to cause trials in people's lives.

I hear about stories of trials that people are facing back at home.  I see posts on Facebook about people having a rough time.  I look around school and I mainly see a bunch of spiritually dry students wanting to leave for break.  It has been so hard within the last few days to be full of joy when everyone else is having such a rough time.

I want to be excited for Christmas.  It truly is the best time of the year, but everything has just made me depressed.

This is a short post, but I just want to remind everyone to pray for others who are struggling this month.  Some may feel like they have no one supporting and loving them.  I know I am in need of a hug.

Spread the Christmas cheer around.  We should be excited. We are celebrating the birth of Christ!  Whatever may be pulling you down this Christmas, just thank God for everything else He has blessed you with.


Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you. -1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment